Having an indoor closet grow, another thing you can be faced with, is light timing. For many crop producing plants, you must control the time of light provided. If you are on top of your game, and don’t go any where during the day, then you got this, but if you have a job, and have to run errands all day, then you need a timer. The timer I use is very inexpensive, and has two sides for outlets, one that is controlled by the timer, and one side that is continuous power. Timers are easy to set up also, but remember to read the directions. Just plug the timer into the wall, then plug your lighting and fans into the timer.
Century 8 Outlet Surge Protector with Mechanical Timer (4 Outlets Timed, 4 Outlets Always On) – White
- ✓ WITH UPDATED GRAY PINS: We’ve made the pin dial easier on the eyes! Pins are now gray instead of black. The power cord measures 3 feet.
- ✓ TIMER FUNCTION: 4 outlets are controlled by the timer, 4 outlets are always on. All 8 outlets are fully protected by the surge protector, with a circuit breaker switch for safety. The timer pin dial can be set in increments as low as 15 min. The programed schedule will repeat every 24 hours.
- ✓ INDICATOR LIGHTS: Each row is equipped with a colored LED, indicating when the power for that row is on.
- ✓ OVERRIDE SWITCH: Use the override ‘on’ switch to manually keep the timer outlet row on
- ✓ SAFE & RELIABLE: This surge protector is ETL listed, and conforms to UL Std. 1449, 1363, and 917. 3-line surge protection VPR 800V (L-N, L-G, N-G). Rated 125VAC, 15A, 60Hz, 1875W. Indoor Use Only.